GW England - Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham, United Kingdom (GW Partner) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Language(s) of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall||Other Eligibility Requirements:||2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Higher GPA required for some departments, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
|Host Institution:||Royal Holloway University||Class Status:||Undergraduate|
|Open to non-GW students:||No||Level of Immersion:||Fully Integrated|
|Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program||Program Tier Fee:||Tier 5|
Royal Holloway through GW England
Royal Holloway is ranked among the top 10 research universities in the U.K. and offers a wide range of courses in social sciences, sciences, management, and humanities, including drama, theater, and media arts. Students directly enroll into the university and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
Click on the “apply now” button below to start the Royal Holloway application. For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
EligibilityTo be eligible to study at Royal Holloway through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits. Applicants must have completed at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at Royal Holloway.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Some departments require a minimum of 3.3 GPA.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected by GW and Royal Holloway for admission on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, please click the "Apply Now" button above. Application requirements include:
- Royal Holloway Application: Students must provide a print out of the completed Royal Holloway online application to the GW Office for Study Abroad before submitting directly to the host institution. Students who are nominated by GW will be forwarded additional information needed to properly submit the Royal Holloway online application. Please note the final admissions decision is made by Royal Holloway.
- Personal statement (maximum 500 words)
- Official transcripts
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the student’s field of study. These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where they will be reviewed and forwarded to the host institution if the student is nominated.
DeadlinesAcademic Year: March 15
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 15
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.