GW England - St. Anne's College, Oxford
Oxford, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1009Language(s) of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1010Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1011Other Eligibility Requirements:
|2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1012Host Institution:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1014Class Status:
|Open to non-GW students:||No||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1019Level of Immersion:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1020Program Sponsor:
|GW Study Program||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1024Program Tier Fee:
St. Anne’s College, University of Oxford through GW England
St. Anne's College stands out as a modern, down-to-earth, and academically ambitious institution, where students fully engage in the intellectually challenging and hugely rewarding University of Oxford tutorial system. Students directly enroll into the college and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
To be eligible to study at St. Anne’s College through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits. Applicants must have completed at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at SOAS.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected by GW and St. Anne’s for admission on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, students must meet with the study abroad advisor assigned to their home school in the Office for Study Abroad. Please refer to the Advising Services page to find a time to meet with an advisor. Application requirements include:
- St. Anne’s College application: Students must submit a paper copy of their St. Anne’s application to the GW Office for Study Abroad. GW will send nominations to St. Anne’s, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Personal/academic statement (500 words or less)
- Official transcripts
- Two writing samples in the subject the student wishes to study at St. Anne’s.
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the student’s field of study. These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to the GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
Academic Year: January 15
Applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.