GW Paris - Sciences Po Direct Exchange
Paris, France; Reims, France (GW Partner) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Language(s) of Instruction:||English, French|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Independent||Other Eligibility Requirements:||2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
|Host Institution:||Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris||Class Status:||Undergraduate|
|Open to non-GW students:||No||Level of Immersion:||Fully Integrated, Partially Integrated|
|Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program||Minimum Language Requirement:||None|
|Program Tier Fee:||Tier 1, Tier 3||Recommended Program:||Yes|
Sciences Po through GW Paris
The Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, known internationally as Sciences Po, is the premier French institution concentrating in the social sciences. Students directly enroll into the university and take classes alongside French and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW Paris-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident Director living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
To be eligible to study at Sciences Po through GW Paris, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits. Applicants must have completed at least two years of university-level study prior to enrollment at Sciences Po.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Language requirements:
- Paris: no language requirement if taking courses in English*; 6 semesters if taking courses in French.
- Reims: none*
- Significant academic coursework in the social sciences.
- Significant academic coursework in journalism (if applying for the Undergraduate Journalism Program).
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected for admission by GW and Sciences Po on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
Applications for the Paris & Reims campus are online and can be opened at any time.
Application requirements include:
- Sciences Po online application: Students who are nominated by GW will be forwarded additional information needed to submit the online Sciences Po application. Please note the final admissions decision is made by Sciences Po.
- Personal Statement (500 words or less)
- Official transcripts
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
Students applying for the Undergraduate Journalism Program must also submit:
- Cover Letter
- Two or three written articles
Academic Year: March 15
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 1
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.