|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1009Language(s) of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1010Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1011Other Eligibility Requirements:
|2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1012Host Institution:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1014Class Status:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1019Level of Immersion:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1020Program Sponsor:
|GW Study Program|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1024Program Tier Fee:
|Tier 6||Recommended Program:||Yes|
Pembroke College, University of Cambridge through GW England
Steeped in the history of Cambridge University, one of the oldest in the world, Pembroke College has been untouched since its initial founding and prides itself for having a historical face in the middle of a bustling city. Students directly enroll into the college and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
To be eligible to study at Pembroke College, University of Cambridge through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits, as well as completion of at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at Pembroke College.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected for admission by GW and Pembroke on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, students must meet with the study abroad advisor assigned to their home school in the Office for Study Abroad. Please refer to the Advising Services page to find a time to meet with an advisor. Application requirements include:
- Pembroke College application: Students must submit a paper copy of the Pembroke application to the GW Office for Study Abroad. GW will send nominations to Pembroke, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Personal statements/essays (each 250 words or less)
- Official Transcripts
- Two writing samples that have been graded by professors (i.e. two term papers or other pieces of written work in the subject you wish to study at Cambridge): Ideally, applicants submit essays which include the professors’ comments and the grade written on the essay. If this is not possible, please submit the final grade with each essay.
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the student’s field of study: These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where they will be reviewed and forwarded to the host institution if the student is nominated.
Spring Semester Only: January 15 (one year in advance)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.