University College London through GW England
University College London (UCL) offers students a world-class education with many academic departments spanning a broad spectrum from humanities to engineering, and from life sciences to social sciences. Students directly enroll into the university and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website
To be eligible to study at UCL through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits, as well as completion of at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at UCL.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- The Minimum GPA requirement for UCL is a 3.3, however each department varies. (See Below)
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
*Meeting the Minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission to a specific department
- 3.3 GPA requirement: most departments, including European Social and Political Studies, Political Science and International Relations, History, Psychology
- 3.5 GPA requirement: English, Biomedical Sciences, Archaeology, Management (full-year or spring applicants only)
- 3.7 GPA Requirement: Economics
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected for admission by GW and UCL on the basis of their application, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
The application is online and can be opened by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this page.
Application requirements include:
- UCL Application: Students must submit a paper copy of their application to the GW Office for Study Abroad. GW will send nominations to UCL, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Official transcripts from ALL universities attended
- One academic recommendation from a professor in the student’s field of study. The recommendation can be submitted either electronically or directly to the GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where they will be reviewed and forwarded to the host institution if the student is nominated.
: March 1
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.