Madrid, Spain (GW Partner) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Language(s) of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Host Institution:||Universidad Autonoma de Madrid|
|Class Status:||Undergraduate||Open to non-GW students:||Yes|
|Additional Experience:||Internship||Level of Immersion:||Partially Integrated|
|Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program||Minimum Language Requirement:||4 semesters of host language or equivalent|
|Program Tier Fee:||Tier 5||Recommended Program:||Yes|
GW Madrid offers a program designed to develop your proficiency with the Spanish language and to explore more fully the culture of Spain, its literature, history, politics, and economics while earning GW credit toward an undergraduate degree. Formal coursework is complemented by program-sponsored excursions, cultural activities, seminars, homestay living, and for-credit internships.
- To be eligible to apply for GW Madrid, students must:
- Have completed a total of 45 credit hours before participating in the program.
- Be in good judicial standing and not have a significant record of judicial infractions at GW.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Have completed the equivalent of four semesters (SPAN 1004) of Spanish language before the semester abroad.
Application RequirementsParticipants are selected for admission on the basis of their applications, academic transcripts, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, please click the "Apply Now" button above. Application requirements include:
- Personal statement in English
- An official GW transcript
- Academic and Housing questionnaires
- Passport Information
- 4 Passport photos
- Optional supplemental internship application for interested students, which includes a resume in English and Spanish and an internship proposal submitted as part of the online application
Other Requirements to be provided upon acceptance to the program include:
- A $500 nonrefundable deposit
- Full medical history
DeadlinesAcademic Year: April 1
Fall Semester: April 1?
Spring Semester: October 15
Please note: Your application is complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.
|Tell us about your favorite aspect of this program.|
|My favorite aspect of the program was my home stay experience. I lived with a lovely, open-minded family who showed me interesting aspects about Madrid and were willing to explain everything - from popular music to politics. I also appreciate the fact that we were given enough free time to travel, make lasting relationships, and learn things at our own pace and to our own interest during our semester abroad. The professors and our program directors were a great support system and went the extra mile for us. if we wanted to experience something different - we just had to ask!|
|— Asthaa Chaturvedi, Fall 2012|
|Read what others have said about this program.|