Madrid, Spain (GW Partner) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Language(s) of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Host Institution:||Universidad Autonoma de Madrid|
|Class Status:||Undergraduate||Open to non-GW students:||Yes|
|Additional Experience:||Internship||Level of Immersion:||Partially Integrated|
|Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program||Minimum Language Requirement:||4 semesters of host language or equivalent|
|Program Tier Fee:||Tier 5||Recommended Program:||Yes|
GW Madrid offers a program designed to develop your proficiency with the Spanish language and to explore more fully the culture of Spain, its literature, history, politics, and economics while earning GW credit toward an undergraduate degree. Formal coursework is complemented by program-sponsored excursions, cultural activities, seminars, homestay living, and for-credit internships.
- To be eligible to apply for GW Madrid, students must:
- Have completed a total of 45 credit hours before participating in the program.
- Be in good judicial standing and not have a significant record of judicial infractions at GW.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Have completed the equivalent of four semesters (SPAN 1004) of Spanish language before the semester abroad.
Application RequirementsParticipants are selected for admission on the basis of their applications, academic transcripts, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, please click the "Apply Now" button above. Application requirements include:
- Personal statement in English
- An official GW transcript
- Academic and Housing questionnaires
- Passport Information
- 4 Passport photos
- Optional supplemental internship application for interested students, which includes a resume in English and Spanish and an internship proposal submitted as part of the online application
Other Requirements to be provided upon acceptance to the program include:
- A $500 nonrefundable deposit
- Full medical history
DeadlinesAcademic Year: March 15
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 15
Please note: Your application is complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.
|What would you say to a student who is wondering if he/she should apply to this program?|
|GW Madrid is the best way to learn Spanish and the Spanish culture. This program goes above and beyond to make its students feel comfortable and have as many opportunities as possible. It was an amazing life changing experience.|
|— Eve Kramer, Academic Year 2010|
|Read what others have said about this program.|