GW England - University of Sussex
Brighton, United Kingdom (GW Partner) (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1009Language(s) of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1010Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1011Other Eligibility Requirements:
|2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1012Host Institution:
|University of Sussex||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1014Class Status:
|Open to non-GW students:||No||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1019Level of Immersion:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1020Program Sponsor:
|GW Study Program||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1024Program Tier Fee:
|Tier 1, Tier 5|
University of Sussex through GW England
University of Sussex is an exciting and young British university with an international reputation for innovative and effective styles of teaching. Students directly enroll into the university and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit (INSERT DRUPAL link).
EligibilityTo be eligible to study at Sussex through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits, as well as completion of at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at Sussex.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected for admission by GW and Sussex on the basis of their application, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
The application is online and can be opened by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this page. Application requirements include:
- Sussex application: Students must submit a paper copy of the Sussex application to the GW Office for Study Abroad. GW will send nominations to Sussex, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Official transcripts
- One academic recommendation from a professor in the student’s field of study. This recommendation can be submitted either electronically or directly to the GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where they will be reviewed and forwarded to the host institution if the student is nominated.
DeadlinesAcademic Year: March 15
Fall Semester: March 15
Spring Semester: October 1
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.