GW England - London School of Economics
London, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.3, 3.5||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1009Language(s) of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1010Housing Options:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1011Other Eligibility Requirements:
|2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Higher GPA required for some departments, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1012Host Institution:
|London School of Economics and Political Science||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1014Class Status:
|Open to non-GW students:||No||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1019Level of Immersion:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1020Program Sponsor:
|GW Study Program||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1024Program Tier Fee:
The London School of Economics and Politics through GW England
The London School of Economics and Politics (LSE) through GW England is an ideal choice for students wishing to study social, political or economic sciences at one of the world's most international universities in the heart of London. Students directly enroll into the university and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
EligibilityTo be eligible to study at LSE through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits. Applicants must have completed at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at LSE.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher for qualitative courses. Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher for quantitative courses.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for StudentsParticipants are selected by GW and LSE for admission on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad. GW will send nominations to LSE, where the final admissions decision is made.
The application is online and can be opened by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this page. Application requirements include:
- LSE application: Students must submit a paper copy of the LSE application to the GW Office for Study Abroad. GW will send nominations to LSE, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Official transcripts
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the student’s field of study. These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
DeadlinesAcademic Year: March 1
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.
|What would you say to a student who is wondering if he/she should apply to this program?|
|London is a fantastic city to study abroad! The city is ideal for any major and degree program with a number of excellent universities, including the London School of Economics. LSE's General Course Programme provides a unique opportunity to immerse completely into the culture of London and the United Kingdom. Directly enrolling to the university provides students the ability to engage with other LSE students in lectures, classes, and student societies. The LSE features world-renowned experts in a variety of fields in the social sciences. Its idyllic location in Central London provides access to many national and international institutions. The General Course Programme allows students to immerse fully into life as a student in London. A student considering a full immersion program for their study abroad experience should apply to the LSE General Course.|
|— Caitlin Daw, Academic Year 2010|
|Read what others have said about this program.|