|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||3.7||Language(s) of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall||Other Eligibility Requirements:||2 years university-level study prior to enrollment, Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study|
|Host Institution:||Oxford University||Class Status:||Undergraduate|
|Open to non-GW students:||No||Level of Immersion:||Fully Integrated|
|Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program||Program Tier Fee:||Tier 5|
Pembroke College, University of Oxford through GW England
Study at Pembroke College, University of Oxford combines the resources of a large, world renowned university with a small, supportive community of fellows and tutors who are focused on helping the individual student's progress and well-being. Students directly enroll into the college and take classes alongside British and other international students.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW England-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident and Academic Directors living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
To be eligible to study at Pembroke College, University of Oxford through GW England, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits, as well as completion of at least two years of university level study prior to enrollment at Pembroke.
- Good judicial standing without a significant record of judicial infractions.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher.
- Significant academic coursework in the proposed field(s) of study.
Application Instructions for Students
Participants are selected for admission by GW and Pembroke on the basis of their application, personal statement, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
In order to start an application for a GW Study Program program, students must meet with the study abroad advisor assigned to their home school in the Office for Study Abroad. Please refer to the Advising Services page to find a time to meet with an advisor. Application requirements include:
- Pembroke College application: Students must submit a paper copy of the Pembroke application to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where it is then reviewed by a committee that selected four finalists. GW will send nominations to Pembroke, where the final admissions decision is made.
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Official transcripts
- Two writing samples from the subject the student wishes to study at Pembroke.
- Two academic recommendations from professors in the student’s field of study. These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit 4 passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad, where they will be reviewed and forwarded to the host institution if the student is nominated.
Academic Year: December 5
Applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.