GW Paris - Fall Business Studies
Paris, France (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||GW applicants only|
|Minimum GPA:||2.75||Language(s) of Instruction:||English|
|Housing Options:||Apartment||Host Institution:||Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris|
|Class Status:||Undergraduate||Open to non-GW students:||No|
|Level of Immersion:||Island Program, Partially Integrated||Program Sponsor:||GW Study Program|
|Program Tier Fee:||Tier 3||Recommended Program:||Yes|
Fall Business Program at Sciences Po through GW Paris
The GW Paris Fall Business Program at Sciences Po, Paris is designed especially for business majors and minors. Classes include GW core business studies courses that are taught entirely in English, plus elective classes.
Formal coursework is complemented by GW Paris-sponsored cultural activities organized by the GW Resident Director living in country.
For more detailed information on academics, finances, and student life, please visit the Office for Study Abroad website.
To be eligible for the GW Paris Fall Business Program, students must demonstrate:
- Completion of 45 or more credits, as well as completion of at least two years of university level study prior to study abroad.
- Good judicial standing, with no significant record of judicial infractions.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of course prerequisites for all the academic courses offered at the GW Paris Fall Business program.
- Declared a business or accountancy major or minor in the GW School of Business.
- Application Instructions for Students
Admission to this program is selective. Participants are selected for admission by a panel composed of representatives from the GW Office for Study Abroad and GW School of Business on the basis of their application, personal statement, cover letter, academic transcripts, recommendations, judicial status, and preparation for study abroad.
The application is online and can be opened by clicking the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this page. Application requirements include:
- Personal Statement (500 words or less)
- Cover letter
- Official Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation: Students must request one letter of recommendation from an academic source and one letter from a professional source. These recommendations can be submitted either electronically or directly to the GW Office for Study Abroad in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
- Four passport-size photos: Students must submit four passport-size photos (printed on photo paper) to the Office for Study Abroad. Passport-size photos can be taken at several area locations, including CVS and Kinko’s.
- Copy of passport: Students must upload a copy of their passport signature page to the application portal. Please note that the passport MUST be valid for at least six months following the date of the student’s return to the U.S. upon completing the program.
All required documents and materials must be submitted to the GW Office for Study Abroad where they will be reviewed.
DeadlinesFall Semester (regular decision): March 15
Applications will be reviewed after the deadline.
Please note: Applications are complete once all of the boxes have been checked off. You will not receive an email confirming that your application is complete.
|What did you get out of this program?|
|There are many more opportunities that are unique to this program and connections that can only be made through this GW program that are still meaningful when returning to GW.|
|— Claire Brunner, Fall 2009|