Liberal Arts and Business in Barcelona - IES Abroad
Barcelona, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1009Language(s) of Instruction:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1010Housing Options:
|Apartment, Homestay, Residence Hall||
Glossary entry for program parameter 1012Host Institution:
|Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, Universitat Pompeu Fabra Escuela Superior de Comercio Internacional, Universitat Pompeu Fabra Estudios Hispánicos, Universitat Ramon Llull|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1014Class Status:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1016Additional Experience:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1019Level of Immersion:
Glossary entry for program parameter 1020Program Sponsor:
|Minimum Language Requirement:||None||Maximum Language Requirement:||None|
Glossary entry for program parameter 1024Program Tier Fee:
Please click on the “Homepage – Click to visit” link at the top of the page to be directed to this program’s individual website for more detailed information.
How to Apply: Your application process will have two steps: apply for approval to study abroad through GW via GW Passport and apply to the program itself.
Apply for GW Approval to Study Abroad:
- Click the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page to begin an application.
- Log in with your GW NetId (without the @gwu.edu) and password. This is the same information you use to log in to your GW email account.
- Complete the requirements on the right side of the screen. The Study Abroad Eligibility Form will begin your GW approval process. Once you've read and signed this form, you will receive an email within 2-3 weeks with the status of your eligibility to study abroad. It is recommended that you begin your GW Passport application for the program and sign the Study Abroad Eligibility Form at least 3 weeks prior to the program deadline listed on the program provider website to ensure your Study Abroad Eligibility check is completed in time.
- Please note, the deadline listed in GW Passport (May 1st or Dec. 1st) is specific only to GW’s deadline to complete your GW Passport application for your program and does not reflect the program provider application deadline which may differ. Please check the program provider website for information on your program application is due.
- There is NOT a ‘Submit Application’ button.
- Visit your program's website to begin an application. You may find the link to the program's homepage at the top of this page “Homepage – Click to visit”
- Submit all required documents (essays, transcripts, letters of recommendation, program confirmation deposits, etc.…) directly to the program sponsor.
- Submit program specific Participation Approval Forms to the GW Office for Study Abroad for completion. Please note, often, programs will have forms requiring a study abroad advisor's signature. Many program providers offer the Program Approval Form to be submitted online (CIEE, IES, IFSA-Butler, SIT, Arcadia, & Sea Semester); mark the choice that sends the form electronically to your study abroad advisor. If your provider approval form is not available for online completion, you may submit the hardcopy forms to the GW Office for Study Abroad once you have been approved (i.e. your status has changed from ‘Pending’ to ‘Eligible’). Submitted forms will be ready for pick-up within 24-hours and you are responsible for sending them to the program sponsor directly either via email or carrier mail.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Advising Services: For questions regarding the program, GW Study Abroad Processes, or the study abroad application process, please contact the GW Office for Study Abroad
Financing Study Abroad: For more information about How to Pay for Study Abroad and Study Abroad Program Tier fees, click here.
Course Approvals and Transfer Credit: For more information about Course Approvals and the Study Abroad Transfer Credit process, click here.
Please click on the “Homepage” link at the top of the page to be directed to this program’s individual site.